Embrace Each Day.

If you are just joining me, after having a super fun and busy weekend outdoors (unlike myself), lol.... You will see (if you scroll down my blog), that I have been keeping myself busy completing some challenges in the Some Odd Girl Facebook Group.

I have loved the prompts and, to be honest, some of them really stumped me.
Which is why it's called a challenge, eh?

Today I'm sharing the 6th and final challenge.  One of my favs because it deals with having to create your own take on a "sketch".  There was no actual sketch provided (making the challenge a bit more difficult), but there was a sample of a card.  We had to "COPY CAT" that and this is what I did....


...I kinda cheated.  Because I had this "Sweet Thinkin' Mae" image colored for a couple of months now without a clue as to how I wanted to use her.  She was initially colored with St. Patrick's Day in mind, but I don't know anyone who celebrates it, #2 I don't have that much green pattern paper, and #3, I didn't want an all green card.  So I went to my stash and found the Amy Tangerine "Yes Please" paper pad, untouched (because I hoard pretty paper), and decided it was time.  hehehe...

I used several different dies by Spellbinders (Postage, Circles and Frames 5), Walnut distress ink, Martha S. butterfly punch, Platinum liquid pearls, Magnolia "New York" postage stamps, a tiny phrase sticker by Cosmo C., and some Recollections leaves, and a mint green flower that I had to alter with Mister Huey's to match her dress.


Initially I wanted to create a "Congrats On Your New Home" card or "Welcome Home" card, but I didn't have a stamp or sticker or anything that I could use, so I settled for a phrase, that can be said to someone who feels overwhelmed with just having moved.  (something I can relate to).

I like it.
And I like that there's not an ounce of green pattern paper, and yet everything blends.


post signature


Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment

Nicole said...

Super Cute card D. Your coloring is always amazing. I love the freckles. The color choice is wonderful.