Turning 40.

I thought turning 40 was going to be different.  I had "plans" to take my (our) first trip to Paris for my birthday, and take loads of photos by the Eiffel Tower.  I wanted to drink coffee at pretty cafes and have some croissants, and definitely macarons.  Pistachio, Coconut and Raspberry macarons.  I was going to buy all the pretty post cards and send them to friends & family.  I was going to leave my (our) love lock on the bridge and try to find a stationery shop that sold wood stamps and pretty washi tape.


But, alas, I was not able to go.  Instead I spent my birthday cleaning my 4 year old's room and organizing his space.  Decluttering and downsizing.  It pleased me to do this for him.  It made me feel like a real mom.  Selfless and loving.
In the afternoon my husband surprised me with a super cute Hello Kitty cake (I LOVE HK!), and a lovely dinner out.  I was not in the mood to get dressed up to go out, but he kinda enforced the issue, and I was so glad he did.  Those wood-grilled lobsters were so amazing!

You can probably spot a few older products in this project life layout, like October Afternoon letters, and some diecuts, but there are also new things, like the Elle's Studio diecuts and journaling pieces, and that adorable wood veneer cake by Freckled Fawn.  I used my very old Doodlebug pink glitter to create frosting and copic markers to color in the candle and bottom.
I encourage you today to dig out your oldies, but goodies, and make something fun.  Hopefully you'll have a cool pic like GOOGLE wishing you a Happy Birthday, to document!
And if you're looking to find new goodies, just check the Come On Get Crafty shop here.
Be blessed,
post signature
i design for...


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments