Easter Goodies.

Have you ever purchased something and thought how cute the packaging was and couldn't bring yourself to toss it out, but didn't exactly know what to do with it just yet?

I've been hoarding a couple of those wood veneer wood trays by Prima & Recollections that came our a year or two ago and thought I could create mini printer trays with them, but they are super tiny.


It wasn't until this week that I realized how great they would be to create a holding spot for Easter eggs, which then turned into creating an Easter basket.



I gathered some popsicle sticks from my stash and got the hot glue out.

This was tricky, trying to create a "fence" (as Giovanni put it), around the tray, but it worked out well.

I was able to create a cute basket, fill it with raffia, hot glue some trim and us an MFT Dienamics Bow die to complete the front decor.


I did not spend a dime.  Everything in this basket I already had on hand.

I created this lil gift for Giovanni's Godmother, who not only gives really great advice, but she is a true woman of God who loves God and people.  Her gentleness and humility are so inspiring and she is always getting us little gifts for any occasion she can think of.  It's not a basket of spa day coupons, but I know she will absolutely love the effort it took to create it and all the goodies inside.



.

This week's kid project involved creating some festive & fun
Easter decor.  I used Stampin Up & Fiskars punches for the egg banner,
I used washi tape to create the mosaic decorated eggs,
and used acrylic and watercolors on the actual egg.
I used free hand cutting to create the bunny face prop,
and taped it to the glass door so when he stands out there
he's instantly transformed into a cute bunny!
It was super easy to do and so fun to get Gio involved in crafting.




I also made a little time to cut these 
pink bunny lollipop covers.
Silhouette Cameo machine, twine, alpha roller stamp and black ink.
Simple.
.



This morning for breakfast I attempted to make some Easter inspired pancakes.
I used Aunt Jemima complete mix and added neon food coloring.
They browned because of the butter in the pan, but they tasted yummy
and were so fun to look at... Gio loved them!



I also took my first stab at deviled eggs.
I used Hellman's mayo, cranberry/horseradish mustard
(from Target on clearance)
relish and paprika.
They came out so yummy both my husband and son ate most of them.
And let me just add my husband does NOT really LOVE eggs.
But he loved these.



Happy Easter!

post signature
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments