Ugly Christmas Sweater.

Last Sunday I was inspired to get crafty, but not to do anything extensive.  So I had a conversation with hubby and he suggested I make cards to send to family.  My reply "we'll just give them what I've been making", and as soon as I said that I frowned thinking they would just toss all the hard work that I put into it.

So I immediately ran to my craft area and put together really quick,
I mean REALLY QUICK,
cards.

I made 3 in 10 minutes (to be exact).
And I thought they were absolutely cute and fun.
But hubby's exact response was "It looks like Gio made them".
lol.


I guess he wanted a little more thought and effort placed into them.  lol.


That prompted me to make "Ugly Christmas Sweater" cards.

Everyone's got that ugly sweater they wear during the holidays.
The one Aunt Janice gave them in 1987.
The one you only wear to an ugly Christmas sweater party.

Today's card was inspired by that concept.


I cut strips of 2 different pattern papers by Crate Paper "All Bundled Up", down to 2.75" x 1/2", and washi taped one set to the bottom edges to my mat.  And then began to weave the other set into the washi'd set.

What conspired was so odd, that it made me smile! lol.



To top it off, I pulled the sections high/low style and added white gel pen dots all over.
I glued it to an American Crafts craft card base and popped a general sentiment (diecut by Elle's Studio from 2013).



 I was so happy with the outcome that I attempted to make the sweater even more ugly the 2nd time around.




I added a green diecut deer head (that a lovely lady from Facebook named Polly sent me a TON of), I fussy-cut a speech bubble from the back of studio calico wood veneers packaging (I do that a lot).

A LOT!

I added some Fancy Pants "Oh Deer" sequins to make it more odd-looking.
But I did manage to make the deer cute.
I outlined him with a white gel pen and added a red sequin nose.


The irony...
Hubby loved it.

[sssh, Mission Accomplished! hehe]



post signature
Follow on Bloglovin


CHALLENGES
1 - Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes




5 comments

Anonymous said...

Demaris, you just crack me up!! I love your sense of humor! Your card came out fabulous, your husband isn't the only one that loves it...I want to CASE this one for sure, Sistah!
Hugs!
Sunshine Sharon

Berina RGA said...

beautiful cards!! the paper weaving looks nice...
-Berina
Moxie Craftie

Heather said...

Fabulous cards, your die-cut deer is fabulous and weaved panels are stunning!!

Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Caryn said...

Personally I love the simplicity of the first card - your hubby just doesn't appreciate clean and simple art!!! Lol! I also love the second one though - both are fabulous!

Thanks for joining in at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx

christi said...

I laughed so hard at today's post I felt compelled to comment. you go girl! one thought that went through my head was hmmm I bet bo bunny will be so proud to be "the ugly sweater" paper company. :) keep on entertaining us girl. seriously the final card is very cute in an "ugly sweater" kind of way.