Oh Snap! [mini]


[click photos to enlarge]


I will admit that I was very skeptical about how "fabulous" the Silhouette machines were.  I used to be a Cricut owner and if I tell you that I probably used it a handful of times, that would be an exaggeration of the truth.  lol.  I sold my cricut 2 years ago and was content with not having an electronic diecutting machine.

Until last month...



My husband and I (in conversation), were discussing things that had been on my "Wish List" for a while now and he brought up the Silhouette.  It WAS on my list of things I wanted a year ago, but then got taken off because of doubt.  Curiousity struck and I was intrigued to learn more about this machine that everyone kept raving about.  After about 2 youtube video tutorials I was hooked.  I knew I needed to have one, even if just for the print & cut feature!



I did research and found the Silhouette Portrait for a great price online.  I purchased it and right away I set it up and got to cutting.  I couldn't believe HOW EASY & FUN it was to make my own embellies.  To create my own files and cut them.  This machine has not only helped me in my personal crafting, but also cut down the time it takes to fill customer orders from my shop in HALF!




Today I want to share with you a new project I created using my Portrait machine.  I gave up making mini albums because they seemed to be so bulky and too complicated.  But I fell in love with this design in the Silhouette store.  And for 50% off, I couldn't resist.








It took less than 3 hours to create (from start to finish), and I am absolutely in love with how it looks.  I used one of the collections I've been hoarding for over a year by Glitz Designs called "Hello Friend", and added a few of my own embellies from my stash.

I hope this inspires you to pull out your Silhouette machines and get to cutting.  It's amazing how many pretty things you can create!


post signature
Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments

Unknown said...

hey there and thanks for the info I have undoubtedly picked up something new through here. I however came upon a few technical issues browsing this website. I have been thinking about if your internet hosting is alright? Not that I'm filing a complaint, but slow loading times might probably affect your ranking in Google and might harm your top quality articles here. Anyway I'm putting your RSS to my personal email and will look for much more of your interesting articles.....Cccam Server

VictoriaG said...

Love this little mini album! I need to make some, would be so cute :) Can you tell me what kind of paper you used? Thanks! Enjoying your blog and your videos! Wonderful process PL video…loving it!!!