Craftroom Revamping.

I'd like to think I don't have the messiest craftroom in the world, but it certainly does compete with many of the rooms you see on Hoarders, lol.  It's been 3+ years since we moved into this 3-story townhouse and I have changed the look of my craftroom around so many times, but each time it hasn't been exactly how I've wanted it.  And if we move this year, (which I think will happen because the place we rent is in foreclosure), I'll have to do this all over again... OY!  lol

On 12/8/12, I woke up with the unsettling desire to completely redo and revamp my craftroom.  I owe the sudden motivation to all the ladies in the Smashaholics Group on Facebook, that were sharing photos of their craftrooms. So if you were one of them, and you're reading this now, I dedicate this blog to you.

Thank you.

Here are photos I took in 2012 of the CHAOS I had with moving things around,
and with selling items from my stash.




The desk on the left is where I do my die-cutting.
The desk on the right is where I do my altered projects and mixed media.
(and for the month of December, where I do my December Daily)...




This corner of the room was dedicated to Smashbooks, Layouts, Cards and basic scrapbooking.







This is my "business" area, where I do my blogging, social media, shipping, etc.



All through 2013 I was on a "HOARD FREE IN 2013" kick.  Everything that was not being utilized was either tossed, sold or donated.  The closet in Gio's room had the most drastic change of all.  And even though I sold plenty of boxes and things, I still had too much.  The layout of my craftroom changed about 3 times in 2013, and yet I'm STILL not content with the functionality.

I don't know how it got to be this much.  I guess the shopaholic and hoarder in me figured I would SOMEHOW catch up to all the projects I put on my To-Do List.  29 mini albums, 20 smashbooks, 52 layouts a year, 52 cards a year, and more.  Isn't that insanity?

By the end of 2013 I knew I needed to downsize even more, but it wasn't until this week that I realized HOW MUCH more needs to go.

My ultimate desire is to be clutter free.  To only keep things that I absolutely know I will use soon and things that I use weekly.   I'm trying to be smart about it, not selling ink pads that I will regret later.  So it's been a real process.  A year long process.

And today, as I sit here looking at 8 empty cubbies that I sold (see pic below), I have the urge to just move everything out of my craftroom to the hallway.  Bring in the furniture and slowly add supplies.  Whatever is left is what I'll be getting rid of somehow.  That's my desire.



But realistically I have to wait.  My plan is to get different storage units and reorganize.  This is just the start of a huge project.  And the fact that we'll possibly be moving doesn't alleviate the time crunch I'm feeling.

I'll be sure to post more about this process, but in the meantime, you can check out my new Instagram Profile for weekly photos of projects I've been creating.

The girl who said she'd NEVER get into Project Life is now working on week 5.  I'm totally behind (due to the 21 day fast I had), but I'm totally fine with it.

post signature

3 comments

Jossie Posie said...

Hey girl! I have only been int he scrapworld for one year and have changed my room like three times. I like you am starting to turn a new leaf and be clutter free. Feels like I spent this whole year just buying basic supplies! Thanks for this post you are motivating me to get in my room and finish organizing it.

Regan said...

I just started weeding through stamp sets today so this motivational and inspirational post has perfect timing! I can't wait to see the "after" photos! Love the wall color and all your white fixtures!
{hugs}
Regan

Tina Campbell said...

You'll get there :) Clutter free is what we all seem to want, but don't be so clutter free that you don't craft anymore then what is the point then :) Oh and the PL your doing great I just finally got week 1 accomplish this past week it can be very easy to get behind and easy to catch up too. You'll do great and look forward to the new room :)