Daydream.

The best thing to do when you're working on a card, layout, mini album, or any craft  project; and you're feeling NO SENSE OF INSPIRATION, is to step away for 30 minutes... maybe even a couple of hours.  I tried doing that and nothing worked.  So I stepped away from my desk for an entire day and came back to the card I was working on.  I was NOT looking forward to it, because I was having such a hard time with it the day before.  A good night's sleep, a hearty breakfast and a hot cup of coffee later, I forced myself back at my Mess-Of-A-Desk and got to work.

"Bugaboo Brat Ballerina" from Bugaboo Stamps is an adorable digital stamp and was very easy to color.  She's such a doll, isn't she?  I wanted her card to be different, special and playful.  So this is what i made...




From time to time I get a "moment of clarity" as I'm crafting (mostly due to a mistake - lol), and I share TIPS on Instagram and a few FB Groups.  Here's a tip I shared last week during the making of this card.


I like the bareness of wood veneers, but I also like a little color and some framing. 
If u draw along the edges of your pieces with a fine tip marker,
[in this case I used a distress marker - frayed burlap],
it'll help show the texture of the wood and give your project a nice POP!!





I used copic markers, sharpie white pen, X-Press It cardstock, Echo Park "This & That" 6x6 pad, some wood veneers, twine, fiskars cloud & border punches, frayed burlap distress marker, a doily, Tattered Angels "Coffee Shop", Archival black ink, and a Dear Lizzy Neapolitan jar cut out.  On the inside I used a few of the same pieces and added a sentiment by MFT Stamps.

I love this card and I can't wait to send it off to someone special.

Please take some time to visit the Bugaboo Shop and get your digi for this Bugaboo "Anything Goes" Challenge.  Remember to enter your project into the appropriate challenge blog post.  CLICK HERE for a list of current challenges.

Thanks for stopping by.

x0, Damaris



CHALLENGES
1 - ANYTHING GOES - Anything Goes Challenge Blog
2 - GIRLS ONLY - LHSM Challenge Blog
3 - ANYTHING GOES - Stampin For The Weekend 

4 comments

Christine L said...

Fabulous card for our challenge this time.. love that cutie ballerina!

Thanks for sharing at Anything Goes... hope to see you again soon!

Hugs
Christine x

Julie said...

Very cute card!

Love that wooden daydream!

Thanks for joining us at Stampin' For the Weekend for our Anything Goes Challenge!

Hugs

Julie x

P.S could you consider getting rid of word verification as it's a pain.

Liz's creative corner said...

Lovely card,thanks for sharing with us but to be in for a chance of the prize you have to use a Hanglar or Magnolia image,hope to see you again, hugs Liz xx

AtStudioD said...

@Julie Hi. I put captcha because I get a lot of annonymous comments that drive me MADD!!... but I took it off. Thanks.