25 DOC - Day 1 - Assembly Required

Good Day, and welcome to DAY 1 of 25 Days of Christmas!!

I am excited to spend the next 5 weeks with you for a few Reasons:
#1 I get to challenge myself, and get more Christmas things done during this very busy time.
#2 I will get to meet new people.
And especially #3, I get to inspire people.

If this is your first time hearing about this, you can find more information at the very end of this post.

Okay, let's get to "WORK"!!  lol



I found these pouches at the Dollar Tree about a year ago and purchased them with the intention of making something of it.  Yup.  You know how that story ends.  lol.

Fast forward a year and I found them in my "alterables" bin in my craft closet.  They've been in the back of my mind for some time and I finally pulled them out to use and share with you a 10 step tutorial (for each).  Here is how I made these adorable Santa & Rudolph gift pouches, which you can fill with candy, homemade cookies or a gift card.  =)






S A N T A !!!

... i know him.




STEP 1:  
Pull apart a pouch and trace it on red cardstock.





STEP 2:  
Draw in the curves that will enclose the pouches on either side.
Score the curves with a hand tool.
Score the folds with a real tool.






 STEP 3:  
Punch 1.25" square punch first.
Punch 1.75" square punch centered over the smaller square on the cardstock.
This creates a boxed out square for the belt.





STEP 4 
Cut out your pouch and use a 1/2" circle punch to make a perfect round shape at the ends.
This section will help the receiver put their finger in and open the enclosed ends.







STEP 5:  
Cut a strip of black cardstock 1.5" x 7".
This will be the belt and wrap around the width of the pouch.
Make sure it's long enough so the ends meet in the back.





STEP 6:  
Glue the buckle to the belt and place aside.





STEP 7:  
Assemble the pouch with secure adhesive.
I prefer red line tape.





 STEP 8:  
Create Santa's coat collar with white felt.
Trace the curve of the top of the box on a piece of the felt.
Cut out the felt & glue to the very top edge of the pouch.
Trim the edges.





 STEP 9:  
Glue the belt (buckle facing forward) around the very bottom of the pouch.
It's okay if it passes the bottom curve, because that will help stand them up.
Cut off any excess cardstock in the back or glue it all down.







 STEP 10:  
Add 3 black pearls down the middle for the buttons.
You can also use brads, but if you do,
make sure to add the brads BEFORE you adhere the pouch






____________________________

R U D O L P H !!!

...had a very shiny nose.




 STEP 1:  
Pull apart a pouch and trace it on kraft cardstock.

and...


 STEP 2:  
Draw in the pouch curves and cut the pouch.
Score the pouch curves and lines.





 STEP 3:  
Punch half circles from the curves of ONE SIDE of the pouch.
Not BOTH sides.
You don't want the enclosure part to have holes.




 STEP 4: 
Add your red line tape and assemble the box.





 STEP 5:  
Cut 1/4" strips of dark brown cardstock.
Something with texture and dimension since they will become antlers.





 STEP 6:  
Punch 2 large corner punches with that same dark brown cardstock.
Cut that large corner punch in half and use the larger corner for assembling.





 STEP 7:  
Adhere those large corner punched halves to the strips.




 STEP 8:  
Adhere the antlers behind the top of the pouch.

and... 

 STEP 9:  
Punch 2 leaves out of the same dark brown textured cardstock.
Adhere the leaves ("ears") to the side corners of the pouch.





 STEP 10:  
Adhere black pearls for the eyes.
Adhere a bigger pearl or gem or rhinestone for the nose.
If you don't have red, just color in the pearl or rhinestone with glitter glue.
The more shiny the better!!





DONE!


Each pouch took 10 easy steps.  They're even cuter in person!!  hehe.

For an extra comment on today's post, pin this project to any one of your PINTEREST boards and tell me you did so.  =)



Thanks for joining me on Day 1 of 25 Days of Christmas.  If this is your first time hearing about this, just click on the links below for more information on how to win some cool prizes.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Read the rules HERE and join the fun!!

Two winners each week...
And 2 Grand Prize winners!!


42 comments

Caroline said...

I love these I'll certainly will be giving these a go, thank you for the tutorial. Caroline xxx

Anonymous said...

These are adorable and look like they would be easy to do. My four year old son was checking them out and we're going to pick up the supplies when we go out today to make them tonight. :) Thanks for sharing.

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the Christmas craft with wonderful step by step tutorial. I have button posted on my blog sidebar. I posted about your 12 Days of Christmas on blog post. Here's the link:
http://createdbysunshinehoneybee.blogspot.com/2012/11/at-studio-d-12-days-of-christmas.html
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

jessica said...

These are so super duper adorable!!! Thanks for sharing the step by step as well!!! LOVE them and they would make such a GREAT gift!!!
TFS and happy Monday!!
jessica
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com
eschfamily@yahoo.com

jessica said...

Hi again...I pinned this adorable project :)
http://pinterest.com/pin/148407750192307429/
Thanks again for a great tutorial!

The Scrapping Factory said...

This is so so neat! Very nice job =0) Fabi xxxx

Migdalia said...

Adorable Pillow treats!!Thank you for sharing the tutorial!Awesome!
Have a wonderful Monday,
Migdalia

The Scrapping Factory said...

Hey there! It's me again, I pinned it over here http://pinterest.com/pin/156429787028473458/

Linda Clanton said...

I have to make one! Linda

Tina Campbell said...

What a really cute idea for a little gift container, tfs and yes I pinned it to my December Craft Idea board

Berina RGA said...

Wow!! really nice.. easy to make also :) loved it!!
my pin: http://pinterest.com/pin/344947652678582747/
-Berina

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Such a cute idea. Love Rudolph and his blig nose.

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

I pinned today's project here

http://pinterest.com/resatwo/christmas/

Xonetra said...

super adorable...great for gift cards and little things for the stockings...great tutorial too !!! Hugs !

Nikki said...

These are too cute perfect for all those ackward small gifts :)

Crystal :) said...

Oh these are sooo cute! I wish I could find the base type thing that you used though! Maybe I can find something online :) thanks for the tutorial.

Crystal :) said...

Well Hello Again :) Here's where I pinned the pic :) http://pinterest.com/pin/343047696585758497/

Unknown said...

Love these!!!!! I have seen pouches before but never quite as creative... I have to get a square punch!! or 2... Thanks for the tutorial and I am so happy to be spending the next 25 days here too!!!!

Unknown said...

I pinned your cuties!!!

Ardilla said...

Great idea, it looks so easy... thank you so much :)

Sherrie K. said...

Oh wow, cute little pouches! Thanks so much for the tutorial!
Sherrie K
http;//sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sherrie K. said...

I just pinned to my paper crafts board:)
Sherrie K
http:/sherriescraps.blogspot.com

alethea said...

These are absolutely adorable!! Thanks for the tutorial on how to do each of them!!! HUgsxx

christi said...

love the cute santa and rudolf gift boxes. great for my grandkids to put in their stockings.

Kavitha Vadhri said...

wow,nice and cute,first thought that its with kitchen rolls,thanks for sharing,excited to see your work these 25days.


thanks
Kavitha vadhri
www.snapkavi.blogspot.com

Kavitha Vadhri said...

pinned this post here http://pinterest.com/pin/551972498049268086/

thanks
kavitha vadhri

Sharla said...

These are so clever! I have 12 of these bags that need decorating, thanks for the tutorial and great idea!

kim.scrapper said...

How cute are these? I love these and hope to make a couple this year. Do you know that this pillow box is on the Art Philosphy cartridge as well as a couple of others if you own a cricut? Thanks for sharing, hugz

kim.scrapper said...

New to Pinterest but figured out how to repin this project, hugz

Nicole said...

Great pouch hun, love this project.

Becky said...

I love these! I cant wait to try them:) I pinned it on Pinterest:)

Benwah said...

Love the tutorial. I have a pillow box die so I can cut as many as I will need. Thanks for sharing

Marla said...

Thanks for sharing this great gift idea. I pinned it to my Pintrest here: http://pinterest.com/pin/275001120967802403/. A super cute idea!!!

Beckie said...

Super cute. Love the reindeer's antlers.

Be blessed, Beckie
http://justbcreativecrazy.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

These are so creative and awesome!! Your tutorial is fabulous!! What great projects!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Kelly Sas said...

OH I will be making these this year! Thanks so much and I am sooooo glad I just found your blog!!!

An'Jenic G. said...

Wow I love this idea. I can cut the plows with my Cricut. I have to give this a try. And would be good for a teachers gift. TFS AJ-

An'Jenic G. said...

I Pin this project on Pinterest!

Leah l'Orange said...

SO flippin' adorbs, D! i love them both, and SO SIMPLE! you creative mama! wonder if my dollar store carries the pouches... i'm too lazy to create my own template. ;)

Bad Kitty said...

thank you for the tutorial

Sarah Biswabic said...

These treat boxes are so cute!