Altered Heart Wood Frame

I'm so excited to share my first altered project. I've seen many of these on Youtube and didn't think I'd have it in me to pull it off. I thought I had to have so much equipment & embellishments to be able to complete something beautiful, but I was wrong!! A few things around the house and craft room and you have a gorgeous frame. I will take you step by step of the process.

(click on photos to view larger)

First I took a plain $1 frame from Michael's and used Mod Podge to glue this wood looking paper from DCWV The "Green Stack". With an X-acto knife I cut out the edges and inside, distressed the edges with Ranger Ink "Old Paper" and Stampin' Up "Melon Mambo". I painted the sided with brown acrylic paint and let dry.



I took a wooden smaller heart (that can be found at Michael's in sets of 3 for $1) , painted the front and inside with Making Memories "Lipstick", then the side edges with brown paint. I cut out another smaller heart using Heidi Grace paper and placed inside the small wooden heart.



I added rhinestones around the small wooden heart after I tried making polka dot brown painted dots and failed. The rhinestones are a lot prettier and work better with the complete frame. (you'll see below)



This pink trim was purchased at a local scrapbook store here in Florida, (which I SOOO need to go back and get more!!)



I used a variety of embellishments, including Recollections butterfly and flowers. (I also need to go back for more of those, LOVE them!!)



I was so excited about the finished product that I gave it to my husband 2 weeks before Valentine's Day. I couldn't wait! LOL - And BTW, he loved it!!





Thanks for watching.

x0, Damaris


1 comment

Sharon said...

I love how it came out! Great Job!